Pivotal Moments is a 501 (c)(3) public charity on a mission to encourage more youth to become champions for mental wellness. Our focus is to: Advocate, Educate and Inspire.
OUr Campaign: Pathways to a Healthy Mind
Our fundraising efforts support the development of programs and solutions designed to educate and inspire youth on a journey toward mental wellness - for themselves and others.
- UpstanderYou™️ is a leadership and citizen enrichement program for rising high school juniors and seniors who want to stand up for positive behaviors, and against behaviors that harm the mental well-being of others. Coming this Fall 2018 with the help of corporate sponsors. Learn More
- Mental Health Edu is a digital education platform developed in partnership with EVERFI, Inc. When completed it will be delivered directly to high schools across the country to foster mental wellness in the classroom and equip students with lifelong mental wellness skills.
Mental wellness: A priority worth our attention
- Approximately 1 in every 4-5 youths in America meets the criteria for a mental health disorder. (1)
- Seventy-five percent (75%) of lifetime cases of mental health conditions begin by age 24. Fifty percent (50%) of cases begin by the age of 14. (2)
- 9 out of 10 people with mental health problems experience stigma and discrimination. (5)
- Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 37 percent of those suffering receive treatment. (6)
Meet Our Team
Meet our program leadership team. While only program leadership are represented here, we are grateful to the entire staff dedicated to making Pivotal Moments a success.
Robert serves as the President of Pivotal Moments and as the CEO of Talaria Media. Talaria Media is behind Pivotal Plays®, a media production platform for TV, digital, mobile, radio and live events that focus on sharing the most pivotal moments in peoples’ lives across the globe. Robert is the co-founder, Board Director and Executive Advisor of MorganFrankin Consulting and served as its CEO from its creation in 1998 until 2013. While at MorganFranklin he served in numerous philanthropic leadership positions in the Washington DC Region including the Wounded Warrior Project, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, American Heart Association, and others.
Jeana’s commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of others is evident in her personal involvement with numerous charitable organizations. Jeana feels blessed to have turned her compassion for helping others into a prominent part of her career. She has been actively involved with various charities for more than 16 years, raising more than $6 million throughout her career. Jeana began her career as Director of Special Events with the American Cancer Society in Princeton, NJ, before working for the American Heart Association and Greater Washington Sports Alliance. What's Jeana's Light Bulb Moment? Watch it here.
Erik is a marketing leader who has spent over 20 years delivering employee-centered marketing and business development strategies in the Washington DC region. He has a penchant for big ideas that tap into the human spirit in order to build business and distinguish brands. Erik provides Pivotal Moments with marketing and strategic support to get the word out on our mental health mission, fundraising goals and positive impact. Erik is also the CEO and co-founder of GoodSeeker, a software solution for companies who want to discover and promote more positive workplace content to build their culture and brand.
The Pivotal Moments Team and volunteers provide time, talent and treasure to support organizations who are also committed to the mission of mental health and wellness.
EVERFI, Inc. gives organizations everywhere an opportunity to instill knowledge around critical topics in the classroom and community.
Celebrates an important moment in time each year to remember those who are no longer with us while strengthening bonds with those who here.
Capitol Hill Classic
The Mizuno Capitol Hill Volleyball Classic brings together 12,000 youth in the largest girls’ volleyball tournament in the country over President’s Day weekend.